The Solution below has nothing to do with Kang's Rules and should be considered completely separate.
The Turner Solution
Ending the drug problem in America
In any war it is wise for generals to know their enemy and to set strategies to defeat him/her. Billions of dollars have been spent to keep drugs out of the country and out the bodies of American citizens. Yet the problem grows despite the courageous lives that are lost in gun battle, prison terms, and drug use.
The reason the war has not been won is because the enemy has not been faced. The enemy is the Human Spirit. What the Human Spirit wants and desires it will attain no matter the obstacle. This is why the war on drugs will always fail, using the present tactics, because one is fighting a force that cannot be defeated with guns bullets or jail time, the Human Spirit.
In order to fight the Human Spirit, one must change the desire of the Human Spirit. One must cause the Human Spirit to realize that drugs is not what it wants before it is (mentally) altered by the use of drugs. In this way the Human Spirit itself will seek to survive and will force out the negative element(drugs).
However, a Human Spirit that has already been altered through drugs, may not have the will to change and will have to (naturally) die off.
Also note that if the penalty for using drugs is great, new (drug users) drug will not be created.
The Turner Solution is a way to do this.
1. Increase the tax burden on all businesses. (7 times)
2. Make the tax burden normal for all businesses that agree to have a drug-free workplace.
3 Set up free multiple drug screening stations near work places; so that each employer can randomly send his employees to be screened.
If there are drugs in the employee system, his employer may have his/her pay decrease by 20% for a probationary period for the first offense, or terminate the employee.
4. The government would also perform random drug screenings to make sure employers are following the guidelines on every employee (and not showing favoritism).
5. Make all the desired cash drugs (Cocaine, marijuana, heroin, etc.) Accessible. The term legal has the connotation that the drug is okay to use; the term Accessible is a clear distinction, meaning that one can get the drug but will be held responsible for the use and possession of it.
By changing the reason people get involved with drugs, it is believed one can change the reason that motivates people to use drugs.
Since the use of drugs will be tied into one’s survival, the majority of people now using drugs will stop. Those who are not using drugs will not start.
The motivation to get children hooked in grade schools and high schools will be over because the profit will be taken out. And the advertised penalty will be so great it will not be what most people want.
Drug kingpins underworld mobsters and gangs who rely on drug money as income will stop their murderous ways because there will be no profit in it. The war on drugs will be over.
The prejudices are laws that the drug user knowingly and willingly inflict on him or herself.
1. In close court cases the person not using drugs will win. Even in situations that does not involve drugs.
2. If national single-payer health-care is adopted. The drug user will be exempt and have to pay for his/her medical care. The results is advertised.
3. Insurance companies can discriminate and use the use of drugs as a reason not to honor contracts.
4. Advertise the calamities of drug users to all age groups. Advertise the successes of non-drug users.
5. Government assistants will be denied to all illegal Drug users. Military veterans are exempt.
The prejudices against drug users will cause most sane people to not get involved. Even though drugs will still be used; the use will greatly diminish.
Better and cheaper drugs will make it unprofitable for drug to be sold on the streets. Drug dealers and gangs to deal with drugs will be history.
Where there is the highest sale of drugs so there will be the highest drug screening. By changing the Human Spirit’s desire to use drugs, the war is over.
Do the above except employers will not be responsible to do drug screening, in fact no screening will be done.
I this way it will not be as an extreme shock to those who use drugs recreationally.